Monday, August 3, 2009

Coming to a theater near you

There's a butthole lot of horror flicks coming out next month and, off course, in October. It's hard to follow everyone of them and I thought that I'd post some links to trailers of the ones that interest me.

Mmmmmm MEATTY!

First there's Pandorum in September, I'm pretty hyped about this movie. I'm not sure why yet but I like the setting and I'm a huge Sci-Fi nerd so when Horror is mixed in, I'm happy.

Also in September is 9, an animated movie from Sean Acker. It's been full on advertised with the name of Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov (Wanted, Day/Nightwatch) which I have no clue why since both don't do animation but I guess it's a selling point... Like Quentin did with a couple of movies.

Number 3 on my list, Zombieland. It's a comical zombie flick à la Shaun of the Dead where Woody Harrelson and others live in a world of zombies and they started a competition ''zombie kill of the week''. You can't go wrong with that.

More seriously there's the second Halloween, the sequel of the remake. (Nice site though)
I like the first one very much and the second outing looks as promising. I'm a fan of rob, what can I say, the guy has style.

Lastly, theater wise anyway, there's Carriers. I say this movie looks about 5 years too late, since the scare of bacterial attacks where all the talks but sometimes, movies like that tend to really surprise. They got Neo-Kirk and Piper Perabo but the trailer seem to reveal a little too much, still, worth a look.

Then, there's the DVDs.

Alien Trespass; Wow! I mean, it's not Lost Skeleton of Cadavra but it's damn close and we all love the campy so buy it, it's coming out next week.

And just as a personal favorite, Supernatural Season 4. Do yourself a favor, don't watch the trailer if you haven't seen the 3rd season. I like Supernatural in general since it's basically the only tv show out there that tackles all kinds of horror themes. Last season was all about mutilation and Hellraiser, kudos for a show on the CW.

That's pretty much it, I'm missing a whole lot probably but as for now, that's what I'm looking for.

Oh, and for the road, mega deal of the week - The Master of Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment